Analysis & Reports
Dive deep on the research and data driving Act Now for a Healthy Oregon.
- In the Red for a Hospital Bed: Medical Debt & Household Bankruptcies An analysis of the link between personal bankruptcy and medical debt, focused on Lane County.
- Hospital Community Benefits in Oregon: Our hospital, our benefit? Analysis & recommendations on maximizing community benefits in Oregon
- Do all healthcare jobs provide a pathway to the American Dream? An analysis of hospital jobs in Oregon.
- Hospital Charges: Expensive, Confusing, & Inconsistent An analysis of hospital pricing in Oregon.
IN THE MEDIA
Explore media coverage of the Act Now for a Healthy Oregon campaign.
- 1,800 Oregon hospital workers receive food stamps (Portland Business Journal, January 21, 2015)
- Union Pushes For Higher Hospital Support Staff Compensation (The Lund Report, January 21, 2015)
- Initiative, compromise force SEIU’s agenda (Statesmen Journal, March 8, 2014)
- Medicare rewards one Springfield hospital, docks the other (The Register-Guard, March 5, 2014)
- Multimillion Dollar Ballot Fight Avoided? (OPB, February 27, 2014)
- SEIU withdraws health care ballot measures, part of deal with hospitals, John Kitzhaber (The Oregonian, February 20, 2014)
- SEIU drops health care ballot campaign, agrees to collaborate with hospitals (Statesman Journal, February 20, 2014)
- SEIU withdraws ballot measures on hospital exec pay (Portland Business Journal, February 20, 2014)
- Hospital workers’ union seeks Ore. referendum on executive pay (Philanthropy Today, February 14, 2014)
- Are nonprofit hospital execs overpaid? SEIU thinks you should have a vote (Portland Business Journal, February 12, 2014)
- SEIU’s proposed ballot measures getting national attention (Willamette Week, December 2, 2013)
Read recent and archived news about our work to access and increase affordability of healthcare in Oregon.
- New Report Suggests Oregon Nonprofit Hospitals’ Can Do More for Community Health (June 11, 2015)
- Healthcare Quality Bill Passes Legislature (June 5, 2015)
- Act Now for a Healthy Oregon Releases Report on Oregon’s Most Expensive Hospitals (March 23, 2015)
- SEIU enrolls over 6,000 Oregonians in Cover Oregon, announces final push before April 30 deadline. (March 28, 2014)
- Governor Kitzhaber Announces Agreement Between Hospitals and SEIU to Engage Frontline Workers and Improve Care (February 20, 2014)
- Certified Titles Issued for Ballot Measures to Stop Hospital Overpricing, Rein in Excessive Compensation for Nonprofit Hospital Executives (February 14, 2014)
- Nineteen Oregon Hospitals Penalized by Federal Government for Quality of Care (February 3, 2014)
- Hospital Workers, Faith Leaders and Patients Call on Hospitals to Provide Financial Assistance to Oregonians in Need (December 12, 2013)
- Act Now for a Healthy Oregon Files Five Ballot Measures (October 12, 2013)
Tell Us Your Story
Act Now For A Healthy Oregon’s goal is to improve access to quality, affordable care for all Oregonians. Your feedback is important in helping us better understand critical issues around receiving affordable quality healthcare.